CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

3.26.2007

Ubud::: Sacred Monkey Forest

In the middle of Ubud you can find the huge sacred monkey forest. It has over a hundred species of trees and hundreds of crazy little monkeys.



ouch!!! A momma and baby by the entry way.
you pick the bugs off my butt and ill do yours

me with my monkey beating stick
while we purposely didnt bring any food with us into the forest, there are many guides and workers who are always giving food to the monkeys to attracts them. by waving a banana near Joe he soon was attacked by hungry monkeys

the feeding areas are full of feisty little ones.....
and big old mean ones!

this is me not very happy after a monkey tried to rip off my dress, joe threatened him with a stick, and hundreds of monkeys started screeching at me & one another in a piercing battle scream.... luckily they didnt attack me (i didnt have food)
more picking and scratching


a crazy sculpture marking the entrance to the hindu cremation grounds and cematery
some of the amazing old growth trees
tree buddies



monkey business

a family photo
me on the serpentine bridge..while monkeys are hanging out and runnin by.





No comments: